Assistant Art Technician (1-year contract)
- Support Art team technician in working with the exhibition managers, designer, registrars, curators, artists and part-time technicians for scheduling and providing technical advice
- Communicate with/between exhibition managers for smooth back of house arrangements. Ensure the safe handling of a wide variety of works of art and adhering to the principles and practices of safety, health and environment practices in Tai Kwun
- Fulfill duties in all the technical aspects of art handling and installations, from storage, packing, transportation to mount making and exhibition production. Maintenance of the exhibitions.
- Assist the Registrar in the daily operations
- Support technical arrangements for public program events and storage maintenance
- Provide general technical support to the art team
You should have/be:
- Advanced Diploma / Bachelor in Fine Arts from a recognised institution
- At least 4 years of technical experience in art handling and installation in a museum or gallery or other art and cultural organization. Exposure in operating best practice with significant experience in installation, packing/storage, transportation and exhibition productions.