In this summer holiday, The Hearth invites ohmykids to mount a “kids market” that is truly owned and run by kids at Parade Ground, Tai Kwun. From concept creation, preparation to on-site execution, we encourage kids to think out of the box and give life to their imagination. May it be handmade arts & crafts, toys and games, these little bosses will meet real customers and run the store like their very own business. Visitors will purchase tokens instead of using money to buy items and experiences at the market. The experience encourages kids to do good deeds with their own efforts, and half of the proceeding will be donated to charity and help child-related social works.
Event Date: 13 - 14.08.2022 (Sat & Sun)
Time: 1pm - 6pm
Location: Parade Ground, Tai Kwun
Little Boss Recruitment
Market theme: Music x Happiness
• Handicraft (accessories / DIY toy etc.)
• Unique Service (drawing/ performance/ storytelling etc.)
• Game Booth (Sports game/ DIY workshop/ photo booth etc.)
• Bring unlimited creativity to ohmykids market, no experience is welcome (at least one booth owner must be under the age of 12)
* No food for sale on site
* No electricity is provided on site
Deposit: $500 / day (will refund on event date)
Please read the remarks before applying:
- Each stall must have at least one stall owner aged below 12. For safety reasons, parents must accompany your children at all times.
- Any changes to the content of the stall must be submitted to the organisers via email before the date mentioned in the confirmation letter and is subject to the approval of the organisers. Ad hoc changes are not allowed.
- Successful applicants are required to arrive on site for setting up at 11:30 am. All set up must be finished on or before 12:45 pm.
- All stall owners must be present at the venue on or before 12 pm.
- Please use public transportation, no car park provided.
- Stall owners are responsible for their own belongings. The organizers will not be liable to any loss or damage.
- Please clean up your stall area and move out all material after the event day; storage will not be provided.
- Cash transactions are not allowed at the kids market. All transactions should be made with tokens. Tokens are HKD50 each; change and refunds are not provided.
- Half of the stalls’ income will be donated to charity. The other half will be returned to the vendors by cheque within one month. If the vendor did not attend the event, the deposit will not be refunded.
- Photos provided by successful applicants will be used as marketing material.
- If the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 1 or No.3, or Yellow Rainstorm Warning is issued, the ohmykids Market will continue. The event will be cancelled if the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above, or Red/ Black Rainstorm is issued 2 hours before the event. If the event is affected by bad weather, it will be postponed to 21 and 22 August, and the time will remain unchanged. Should the kids market be cancelled, the Organisers will issue an announcement on ohmykids’ website and Facebook latest 2 hours before the event. Vendors will not be notified individually and the deposit will be refunded within one month.
- Vendors who display libellous, dangerous, indecent or other inappropriate behaviours will be disqualified and requested to leave the site immediately.
- The organisers reserve the right of final decision and make changes in terms and conditions without advance notice. The applicants are responsible for any liability caused from infringement of copyright.
- All visitors will be required to use the "LeaveHomeSafe" App upon entering Tai Kwun and must either provide a COVID-19 vaccination record or the relevant exemption certificate for inspection upon request in accordance with the Vaccine Pass Direction. Exhibition and event spaces in Tai Kwun are subject to active checking of Vaccine Pass.
Application Deadline: 30.06.2022
The results will be announced on 4 Jul 2022 at 6pm on ohmykids Facebook page
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com