抱抱皂 ‧ Soapmate
A familiar scent often triggers memories and emotions.
The former Laundry at Central Police Station was situated in the Married Sergeants’ Quarters (Block 06), facing Arbuthnot Road. To those who have worked at this historical compound and those who lived nearby, the scent that came along with rows of green uniforms was one of the most remarkable memories associated with Tai Kwun.
This workshop enables participants to know more about the site’s history and anecdotes about the Laundry through a Tai Kwun 101 guided tour and learn to make your own Tai Kwun 101 special-edition handmade soap.
*Participants must be 12 years old or above.
|31 Aug (Sat)||4pm-6pm||English|
|15 Sep (Sun)||
|15 Sep (Sun)||2pm-4pm||Cantonese|
|22 Sep (Sun)||11am-1pm||Cantonese|
- By application for and/or participation in the activity, you are deemed to have read and agreed with these terms and conditions.
- Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email. Please present the email for admission on the date of visit.
- The activity will be cancelled if the Typhoon Signal No.3 or above is hoisted or the Red Rainstorm Signal or above is issued within 3 hours before the activity begins.
- Activities are subject to change without prior notice. Tai Kwun reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the arrangements.
- According to the Bye-laws, all persons who enter Tai Kwun will be deemed to have granted its approval to Tai Kwun undertaking the following activities without making any payment or notification to any such persons:
a) taking photographs, making a video or cinematograph recording and/or using any sound or image recording equipment at any place within Tai Kwun; and
b) reproducing the image and/or voice of any person who enters Tai Kwun and using the same for any purposes as Tai Kwun shall think fit.