In view of the latest boarding and quarantine requirements for inbound travellers, the performance “Only Bones v1.0”, originally scheduled on 25 to 27 Dec 2021 will be cancelled. Details of the refund arrangements are as follows:
- For purchases via URBTIX: Keep the original ticket intact for the refund arrangement from 13 December 2021 to 9 January 2022 at Tai Kwun Visitor Centre. Visitor Centre opens daily from 10am to 8pm.
- For purchases via art-mate.net: A full refund will be issued with art-mate.net to PayMe, Paypal or credit card account (used for payment) with no extra handling charge, within December 2021.
Should you have any enquiries, please contact 3559 2600. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Sold-Out Show in the Edinburgh Fringe
This Christmas - Only Bones - Burst You into Laughter
Only Bones v1.0, the award-winning solo show created by New Zealand physical theatre and mime artist Thom Monckton and Parisian school Lecoq LEM graduate Gemma Tweedie, comes to Tai Kwun to deliver to audiences a joyful Christmas.
Only Bones v1.0 uses a contemporary approach to clowning and tells a dramatic story by involving only one light, one chair, one performer, no text, and a mini stage area of 1.2 metres. While playing with low-tech aesthetic, Thom manipulates different tiny parts of his body to create a detailed set of physical movements beyond any audience’s imagination. The funny and quirky moments will surprise audiences of all ages, filling them with laughter! Grab your ticket to the show now, before all the tickets gone!
“The creativity that has been poured into this piece is beyond measure, it is enchanting, engaging and enthralling” (Edinburgh Guide)
“45 minutes of body-generated invention that will likely send you back out into the night with a spring in your step” (The List)
“A glorious salute to one man’s remarkable physicality” (The Herald Scotland)
“Monckton’s ability to manipulate the smallest parts of the body, not just to do this expertly well but while establishing a playful relationship with the audience, is mind-blowing” (Across The Arts)
- Best of Fringe, 2019 New Zealand Fringe
- Best of Fringe, 2019 Auckland Fringe
- Best in Physical Theatre, New Zealand Fringe 2015
- Total Theatre Award for Physical Theatre, Edinburgh Fringe 2016
- Stand Out Performer, New Zealand Fringe 2015
- Innovation, New Zealand Fringe 2015
Produced by: Kallo Collective
Created and Performed by: Thomas Monckton
Light Design: Gemma Tweedie
Music and Sound: Tuomas Norvio