When Non-linear Eyes Venture into the Illogical Realm
Experimental Contemporary Dance Theatre Minute Moonshine
As real and virtual worlds collide, a series of enigmatic tasks await you!
Teaming up with creatives and dancers, five London-based Hong Kong creatives present Minute Moonshine, an experimental work with ARG and dance theatre. Taking references from local architecture, literature and pop culture, audience members are brought into deconstructed scenes of Hong Kong, triggering memories of the past.
As the performers, visual images and installations arrive at Tai Kwun, we invite you to put away your reasonings and critical views. Instead, let yourself sit in the misplaced and mismatched world. Here we hope to find doors that offer a trip into ecstasy and transcendence, tracing our cultural roots.
Co-creator, directors: Ghost and John*
Co-creator, dramaturg: Bonnie Chan*
Co-creator, sound and music designer: Angela Wai Nok Hui*
Co-creator, visual artist: Chi Lok Choy*
*The above five artists work as a collective with little emphasis on roles
Devising performers: Justyne Lee, Tan-ki Wong, Alice Ma, Donald Wong
Lighting designer: Anson Chan
Technical manager: Tracy Yip^
Sound engineer: Wan San
^By kind permission of the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
*Post-performance sharing on the evening performance of 02.10.2021 and on 03.10.2021
• Performance lasts for around 90 minutes in Cantonese and English with no surtitles
• Recommended for ages 10 and above
• Audience is advised to arrive 15 mins before the show starts; No latecomers will be admitted
• Audience is required to walk around various locations. Please assess your physical condition if it is suitable for participation
• Comfortable clothing is recommended
• Programmes are subject to change without prior notice. Tai Kwun reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the arrangements.
• The events will adhere to the latest health and safety regulations and enforce social distancing measures