Choreography and Performance
Due to programme changes, the programme “Tai Kwun Dance Season: Dream Team” on 26 & 27 October at 8pm will be cancelled. Ticket holders of these 2 performances could:
- Attend the same programme on the other dates (24-25 October 2019 8pm and 26-27 October 2019 3pm) with the original ticket intact from 26 or 27 October at 8pm; OR
- Refund at the Tai Kwun Visitor Centre with the original ticket intact from 1 November to 30 November 2019. The Visitor Centre opens daily from 10am to 8pm.
Note: Any ticket refunds should be applied for in person during the period mentioned above; no refunds will be processed after the period. All service / handling / administration / postage charges levied by URBTIX are non-refundable.
For enquiries, please contact us at 35592600 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding.
A dance revolution is waiting to be sparked from an ordinary “underground” ballroom!
Israeli choreographer Dana Ruttenberg put together a “Dream Team” with a seemingly ordinary but deviant gang—a 60 year-old performer, a “has-been dancer” physiotherapist, a single mother who seeks to return to the stage and a choreographer. In the ballroom, you are up close with the performers as they reveal their dreams, fantasies and nightmares. A sober yet humourous experience, we invite you to immerse into this party of madness, joy and sadness.
Choreography and Performance: Dana Ruttenberg
Performance: Neil David Harris, Gilad Jerusalmy, Ofri Mantell, Inbar Nemirovsky
Set Design: Zohar Shoef
Lighting Design: Yoav Barel
Costume Design: Adi (Didoo) Sharaby and Noga Taragin
Rehearsal Director: Melanie Berson
L4-L5 Productions/ Dana Ruttenberg is supported by
The Israeli Ministry of Culture
- No latecomers will be admitted
- Recommended for ages 6 and above
- The programme duration is about 1 hour
- Presented in English with no surtitle
Tickets | $280 (Adults); $196 (Full-time students, senior citizens aged 60 or above, and people with disabilities and their companion; limited quotas)
Tickets now available at Urbtix
Discounts (Only applicable to standard tickets)
- 15% off for each purchase of 4 different programmes; 10% off for each purchase of 3 different programmes; 5% off for each purchase of 2 different programmes
- 15% off for each purchase of 4 standard tickets of the same programme; 10% off for each purchase of 3 standard tickets
- 10% for CCDC Dance Inspirations and Student Dance Inspirations members
Photo: Zohar Ralt
Israeli born dancer, choreographer and curator. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Dance from Columbia University and a Master of Fine Arts in Dance from the Hollins University. As artistic director of her NY based dance troupe between 2000 to 2003, The Red Hill Project, she has created works that showcased at various venues across the US and Canada.
Since her return to Israel in 2003, she has become one of the leading voices of contemporary dance in Israel, creating and presenting work internationally. Ruttenberg is dedicated to expanding the boundaries of dance as an art form through multi-disciplinary, interactive and innovative artistic explorations. She is the founder and artistic director of Project 48 Dance, now in its seventh year, and together with director Oren Shkedy she creates internationally acclaimed dance films and video art.
Ruttenberg serves on faculty at the Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance. She is the winner of the 2013 Minister of Culture Award. She was awarded the distinguished 2012 Rosenblum Award for Promising Young Artist by the municipality of Tel Aviv.