Playwright and Director
Yan Pat To
Chow Yiu Fai
I’m not waiting for you.
In prison, time is at once transitory and eternal….resurfacing as memories for the future. In the 1980s, two women were imprisoned in Victoria Prison, where they experienced an unexpected romance in confinement. Their growing affections for each other were interrupted as one was released while the other wrote a love poem of longing on her bed board. When released from prison, she discovered that her lover had already married. She suppressed her mishmash of feelings and started a family as well. Approaching 1997, she did not want to live in a bigger prison. The decision to immigrate prompted a final rendezvous and conversation in which deep feelings were cast aside but never forgotten. Inspired by a bed board with a love poem found in a women’s prison, this groundbreaking immersive production features artists across disciplines, including Pat To Yan (theatre), Kingsley Ng (media installation), Adrian Yeung (video artist), Jass Leung (dramaturg) and Chow Yiu Fai (lyric artist). The immersive theatre will be remade in Tai Kwun, as lyrics, sounds, images and theatrical performances are interwoven, leading the audience to tread a path that explores Central then and now.
*Concept of the show title by〈黑房〉, Chow Yiu Fai
Curated by Reframe Theatre and Felixism Creation
Playwright and Director: Yan Pat To^
Project Curator: Felix Chan
Dramaturg: Jass Leung
Media Installation: Kingsley Ng
Lyric Artist: Chow Yiu Fai
Scenographer: Yuen Hon Wai
Video Designer: Adrian Yeung
Lighting Designer: Vanessa Lee
Sound Designer: Kan Hei Chun
Performers: Ceci Chan, Ng Fung Ming, Leung Tin Chak, Leung Ho Pong, Sze Wei, Cheung Tik Ki
^ With the kind permission of the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
- Recommended for ages 12 and above
- No latecomers will be admitted
- Performed in Cantonese with no surtitles
- Audience is advised to arrive 15 mins before the show starts
- Audience is required to walk around various locations.Please assess your physical condition if it is suitable for participation
- Comfortable clothing is recommended
- Programmes are subject to change without prior notice.Tai Kwun reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the arrangements.
- The events will adhere to the latest health and safety regulations and enforce social distancing measures.