Notice relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Collection of Personal Data
"Personal data" refers to any data which directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual, or is capable of doing so. We collect and use personal data that we believe is necessary to conduct our activity or communication with you. The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and fax number;
- Unique identifiers such as your HKID and passport number;
- Billing information such as your credit card number, bank account information, and billing address;
- Demographic information such as age, gender, nationality, marital status, preferences, education background, and employment history;
Supply of personal data to us is non-obligatory, but failure to do so may result in us being unable to process your application(s) or to provide facilities and services to you.
Use of Personal Data
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Carrying out our operations and provision of facilities and services;
- Conducting checks if necessary regarding eligibility for using the facilities and services applied for;
- For marketing, promotional and customer management purposes, such as sending you offers and promotions (please see further details in "Direct Marketing" below);
- Meeting the requirements to make disclosure under our rules or bye-laws relating to our operations and any law binding on us; and
- Facilitating communications between you and us.
We may from time to time also use aggregate non-identifying information about our customers to better design and improve our facilities and services that we offer. This information will not identify any individual in particular.
We intend to use your personal data for direct marketing carried out by us (or by an agent on behalf of any of us), and for such purposes your personal data held by us may be provided to our business partners for their use for direct marketing. The intended kinds of personal data to be used and the intended classes of marketing subjects are specified below. However, we may not so use or provide your personal data unless exempted by the Ordinance or we have received your consent.
For the above direct marketing use, we intend to:
- use your name, contact information and demographic information; and
- market or promote the following classes of facilities, services, support, and related events and activities offered or arranged by us or in conjunction with a business partner:
- heritage and conservation;
- art and culture, education and recreation;
- food and beverages, catering, hospitality, entertainment and retail;
- other charitable or non-profit making causes or events.
You can always opt-out free-of-charge by contacting our Data Privacy Compliance Officer if you no longer wish any of your personal data to be used in any of the described direct marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data supplied to us will be kept confidential. However, we may disclose such data to or such data may become accessible or known to The Hong Kong Jockey Club and our employees, agents, service providers and consultants who provide services to assist in fulfilling the purposes for which it was collected. Your personal data may also be provided to our business partners for direct marketing use as described in "Direct Marketing" above. Other disclosure of your personal data will only be undertaken after we have obtained your prescribed consent, or as may be required by law.
Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the data, we will take all reasonably practicable steps to erase your personal data that is no longer required for the purposes for which the data was originally collected.
Commitment to Data Security
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of physical, technological and organisational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to personal data held by us about you and to correct such data. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such data access requests.
You may direct your request in writing to:
The Jockey Club CPS Limited
6/F, Wilson House
19–27 Wyndham Street
Central, Hong Kong